Friday 1 January 2016

Initial Introduction

As I was driving home from work today I decided that one of my goals for this year should be keep a personal blog. I'm not aiming at anyone in particular and it isn't really about anything in particular, more just a place for to write about whatever I want to.

Today is New Years Day and naturally it's a time to look back on the past year and to look forward to the next one. We have several blogs so I don't really want to write about it here, unless you're interested, but in the past year my husband and I have done very well on achieving our goals. We have both lost a significant amount of weight and become much fitter and healthier. Looking ahead to the future I have goals for the coming year, things I'd like to achieve. Ideally I'd like to lose a little more weight, run a little faster but also be more communicative, write more and make a better success of my life and be more organised. Not much to ask for I know!!

So a little about me. I'm an almost 30 year old with a wonderful husband and a 2 year old daughter. I would describe myself primarily as a stay at home mum, as our daughter doesn't go to nursery yet, but I also run a cake business, from home, and work a few hours a week in Tesco. My husband works very hard working in IT and is also a badminton coach in the evenings and weekends. Around all of this we fit in regular running (he drags me out 4 times a week) and we're training for our first half marathon in February. Some days I really don't want to be running but mostly it's worth it in the end and I feel pretty amazing afterwards.

At the moment I feel like I have so much going on that I don't stop to appreciate the successes and the little moments. I want to use this blog to help me document them, whether it's a special moment with my daughter to a big success in the business. I need to give myself time to take stock and be kind to myself. Sometimes the posts will be long and sometimes they may only be a line or two but I want to update on a regular basis and keep this going. Sometimes the blog posts may be focused but I should think usually they'll be all over the place as my mind works and filters through it all. You don't have to read the blog, that's up to you, as I said it's not aimed at anyone in particular.

So that's the initial introduction and breakdown so you know what you're letting yourself in for!

No comments:

Post a Comment